`Evergreen` Federer warns critics against writing him off
London: Swiss maestro Roger Federer insisted that he is still at his best after recently winning Halle Openand called it wrong to write him off.
Federer who has just won one of the last 13 Grand Slams, warmed up to Wimbledon by beating Mikhail Youzhny 6-7 (5-7) 6-3 6-4.
Federer said that he has won a lot in his career but not recently and it is wrong to write him off as the attention turns to SW19.
Federer said that may be people thought he was playing badly but that is not the case, as when the title mattered others were better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days