`Indo-Pak Express` bags first title after re-union
Dubai: Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi today won their first ATP title after re-union as they beat Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic in the doubles final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships here.
The second seeded `Indo-Pak Express` duo beat their top seeded opponents Nestor of Canada and Zimonjic (Serbia) 6-4 6-3 in the summit clash that lasted one hour and eight minutes.
Today`s win was a sort of a revenge for Bopanna and Qureshi who lost to the same opponents in the final of the Sydney International in January.
This was the five title overall for Bopanna and Qureshi together and first after they re-united at the beginning of the season. They played with different partners for two seasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report