`Indo-Pak Express` bags first title after re-union
Dubai: Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi today won their first ATP title after re-union as they beat Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic in the doubles final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships here.
The second seeded `Indo-Pak Express` duo beat their top seeded opponents Nestor of Canada and Zimonjic (Serbia) 6-4 6-3 in the summit clash that lasted one hour and eight minutes.
Today`s win was a sort of a revenge for Bopanna and Qureshi who lost to the same opponents in the final of the Sydney International in January.
This was the five title overall for Bopanna and Qureshi together and first after they re-united at the beginning of the season. They played with different partners for two seasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!