`Rejuvenated` Serena Williams `rearing to go` post mystery Wimbledon viral malady
Washington: World No. 1 Serena Williams prepares to return to action at the WTA`s Stanford tournament, and has said that the commotion caused at Wimbledon by her viral illness had taken her by surprise.
Williams had left everyone in a shock, as the 17-time grand slam champion was disoriented, unsteady on her feet and unable to serve properly on Court No. 1 at Wimbledon .
Williams` doubles match alongside her sister Venus lasted just three games, with the world number one unable to get the ball over the net when it was her turn to serve.
But now, as she prepares to return to action at the WTA`s Stanford tournament, Williams said that they just said that she was really ill, and really under the weather and just wasn`t doing very well.
Williams said that she was really scared after because she didn`t realize how she felt until later and it`s just like she has to keep her time, she would have the rest of her life to keep playing tennis hopefully.
The American tennis ace said that she heard a lot of the response weeks and weeks later because she didn`t leave her house or her bed for a few days.
But, she added that by the time that happened when she read or heard about it from other people she felt like she had already really moved on.
Williams will face the Czech Republic`s Karolina Pliskova on Wednesday at the WTA`s Stanford tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands