`Retired` Bartoli set to play with Tsonga in Hopman Cup
Paris: Wimbledon Champion Marion Bartoli is set to contest the Hopman Cup in Perth in January and after she was announced as Jo-Wilfried Tsonga`s partner in the original French line-up, organisers have not given up hope to see her play in the tournament.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, negotiations for a replacement had been cut short after Bartoli indicated that she would honour her original commitment.
However, the report said that the decision to deny an active player the chance to participate might cause some disquiet among the French playing ranks.
The mixed teams invitational in Perth starts on December 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'