`Swiss Miss` Hingis marks triumphant return to tennis after six-year hiatus
Washington: Former World No.1 Martina Hingis made a comeback on the tennis courts at the Southern California Open, playing doubles alongside Slovakia`s Daniela Hantuchova, in her first WTA match since 2007.
According to CNN, the five-time grand slam winner and her partner won their match 6-1, 6-1 but said she had no plans to returning to singles action any time soon.
Hingis, who retired for the second time in 2007, spent 209 weeks as the world`s top-ranked player after bursting onto the scene as a teenager, the report said.
Earlier, Hantuchova had revealed that she had personally spoken to Hingis about a return and was very excited to play doubles with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest