Agassi calls Federer 'a class above' Sampras
Washington: Tennis great Andre Agassi has said that seven-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer is ` a class above` Pete Sampras and that Rafael Nadal could eventually be better than the Swiss.
According to USA Today, Agassi expressed that he thought Federer was a class above, and he had dominated every surface, except one guy on clay, adding that he had won everything.
The American said that Sampras was very good on the faster courts but during the clay season, players wanted to play against him.
The clay court inferiority is clearly the biggest mark against Sampras, who won 14 Grand Slams in his career, but never made it past the semifinals at the French Open, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore