Aircel ATP Tennis: Bhupathi, Nestor bow out
Chennai: The Indian challenge in the Aircel ATP Chennai Open tennis tournament effectively ended when top seeded duo of Mahesh Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor, playing in their first event together, went down 4-6, 5-7 to South African Raven Klaasen and American Nicholas Monroe in the doubles quarter-finals here Thursday.
Earlier, third seeds Rohan Bopanna and his American partner Rajiv Ram, also playing together in their first tournament, went down 6-0, 4-6, 1-10, to the French-Swiss combination of Benoit Paire and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The results (prefix denotes seeding):
Doubles (quarter-finals): Raven Klaasen (RSA)/Nicholas Monroe (US) bt 1-Mahesh Bhupathi (IND) /Daniel Nester (CAN) 6-4, 7-5; Benoit Paire (FRA)/Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) bt 3-Rohan Bopanna (IND)/Rajiv Ram (US) 0-6, 6-4, 10-1; Andre Begemann/Martin Emmrich (GER) bt Aljaz Bedene/Blaz Kavcic (SLO) 7-6 (1), 6-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt