Aircel ATP Tennis: Bhupathi, Nestor bow out
Chennai: The Indian challenge in the Aircel ATP Chennai Open tennis tournament effectively ended when top seeded duo of Mahesh Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor, playing in their first event together, went down 4-6, 5-7 to South African Raven Klaasen and American Nicholas Monroe in the doubles quarter-finals here Thursday.
Earlier, third seeds Rohan Bopanna and his American partner Rajiv Ram, also playing together in their first tournament, went down 6-0, 4-6, 1-10, to the French-Swiss combination of Benoit Paire and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The results (prefix denotes seeding):
Doubles (quarter-finals): Raven Klaasen (RSA)/Nicholas Monroe (US) bt 1-Mahesh Bhupathi (IND) /Daniel Nester (CAN) 6-4, 7-5; Benoit Paire (FRA)/Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) bt 3-Rohan Bopanna (IND)/Rajiv Ram (US) 0-6, 6-4, 10-1; Andre Begemann/Martin Emmrich (GER) bt Aljaz Bedene/Blaz Kavcic (SLO) 7-6 (1), 6-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country