AITA bans Bhupathi-Bopanna for two years: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: As Indian youngsters continued to make India proud at the Davis cup, the All India Tennnis Association (AITA) shocked the tennis fraternity by imposing a two-year ban on Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna on Saturday, as per reports.
Reports say that they will not be eligible for selection to represent the country in any capacity over the next two years.
Earlier in the day, AITA said it will stick to the young Indian side and will not include Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in the Davis Cup squad until the country moves up from the Asia/Oceania Group.
The young guns have given India an unassailable 3-0 lead in the relegation play-off tie against New Zealand and the national federation wants them to carry forward the good work in the 2013 season when India will strive to re-enter World Group.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29