AITA bans Bhupathi-Bopanna for two years: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: As Indian youngsters continued to make India proud at the Davis cup, the All India Tennnis Association (AITA) shocked the tennis fraternity by imposing a two-year ban on Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna on Saturday, as per reports.
Reports say that they will not be eligible for selection to represent the country in any capacity over the next two years.
Earlier in the day, AITA said it will stick to the young Indian side and will not include Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in the Davis Cup squad until the country moves up from the Asia/Oceania Group.
The young guns have given India an unassailable 3-0 lead in the relegation play-off tie against New Zealand and the national federation wants them to carry forward the good work in the 2013 season when India will strive to re-enter World Group.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?