AITA challenge Somdev`s claim, say offers were communicated
New Delhi: AITA on Saturday refuted Somdev Devvarman`s claim that the players were completely unaware of the additional concessions made by the national tennis federation, saying they had discussed the new offers with at least three players.
AITA in a release said that they had spoken to Vishnu Vardhan, Divij Sharan and Sanam Singh about the new offers.
"In respect of Somdev Devvarman`s statement that AITA did not communicate with the players, we wish to state that this statement is totally incorrect.?We were personally in contact with Vishnu Vardhan till about 11:30 pm on Thursday night," a release by Col. Ranbir Chauhan and Col. Amarbir Singh?said.
"We had categorically informed him that remaining demands (Business Class for Asia Ocenia Zone for 4 players and a squad of 6 players) of the players have been met but the selection of the Coach and Captain is the responsibility of the AITA.? He assured us that he will contact other players, and would get back to us.?During the day (10th January 2013) we had met Sanam Singh and informed of the same and requested him to speak to Somdev Devvarman.?One of our Committee Members was also in touch with Divij Sharan.
"It is correct that a written letter was not sent, but the concern of Business class fares for all four players for Asia Oceania Davis Cup tie and composition of team of six members was duly communicated.
"We called up Vishu Vardhan and Sanam Singh on Friday morning (11th January 2013) but our phone went unanswered. AITA waited till 12 Noon for player?s response and since no response was received, the Selectors were provided with a list of available players.
"We strongly deny that we have been unprofessional and unethical and believe that players should have made themselves available as was indicated to be a possibility by some players till late Thursday night," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!
- Virat Kohli plays straight without compromising technique: Sachin Tendulkar
- PMO monitoring social media activity of ministers, tutoring them to efficiently use Twitter, Facebook: Report
- Kaka called up for Brazil's Centenary Copa America squad
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run