American tennis player Russell calls Hewitt `racist`
Brisbane: American tennis player Michael Russell has called former Wimbledon Champion Lleyton Hewitt a racist and a douche bag in a shocking outburst on his Facebook page, after losing in the semi-finals of the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships in Rhode Island.
According to the Courier Mail, despite finishing his match with Mahut hours beforehand, the American slammed Hewitt for blaming fatigue and a tough draw for his loss, saying Hewitt should stop making excuses.
The report said that Russell would have loved to see Hewitt play in the final with Mahut because he wanted to see which kind of excuses the Australian was making.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley