Amritraj lifts ITF title
Pune: Former Davis Cupper Prakash Amritraj outplayed Saketh Myneni in staright sets to lift the Men`s singles title at the USD 15,000 Solaris ITF Future Tennis Championships here on Saturday.
The 27-year-old Amritraj, son of Vijay Amritraj and playing his fourth tournament on his comeback trail, scored a 6-4, 6-2 win in just one hour and 10 minutes over the fourth seeded and 374th ranked Myneni at the Koregaon Park.
The match turned out to be error-prone for Myneni who looked uncomfortable with a right arm injury through out the match.
Myneni, known for his serves, fared poorly and was broken in the fifth game of the first set.
Amritraj, who has been playing maturely this week, served out the fisrt set in the 10th game and in the second set, Amritraj broke in the 3rd and the 5th games with Myneni playing some loose tennis to wrap up the match and his second title in four weeks.
"My mind is refreshed and I`m blessed that I can play everyday, I felt good and had a good day and hope that I can play some good tennis. Saketh was the scariest opponent this week but I`m thrilled with a win at Pune where I`m playing for the first time," said Amritraj.
Saketh got Rs 69822 and 15 ATP points for being the runner-up while Prakash got the winners cheque of Rs 100854 and 27 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing