Amritraj lifts ITF title
Pune: Former Davis Cupper Prakash Amritraj outplayed Saketh Myneni in staright sets to lift the Men`s singles title at the USD 15,000 Solaris ITF Future Tennis Championships here on Saturday.
The 27-year-old Amritraj, son of Vijay Amritraj and playing his fourth tournament on his comeback trail, scored a 6-4, 6-2 win in just one hour and 10 minutes over the fourth seeded and 374th ranked Myneni at the Koregaon Park.
The match turned out to be error-prone for Myneni who looked uncomfortable with a right arm injury through out the match.
Myneni, known for his serves, fared poorly and was broken in the fifth game of the first set.
Amritraj, who has been playing maturely this week, served out the fisrt set in the 10th game and in the second set, Amritraj broke in the 3rd and the 5th games with Myneni playing some loose tennis to wrap up the match and his second title in four weeks.
"My mind is refreshed and I`m blessed that I can play everyday, I felt good and had a good day and hope that I can play some good tennis. Saketh was the scariest opponent this week but I`m thrilled with a win at Pune where I`m playing for the first time," said Amritraj.
Saketh got Rs 69822 and 15 ATP points for being the runner-up while Prakash got the winners cheque of Rs 100854 and 27 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital
- WOAH! Pakistani journalist silences Piers Morgan after he taunts Indians using Sachin Tendulkar's example
- Bolivia deputy interior minister killed after being kidnapped by miners
- Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar among world's highest paid actors of 2016
- This is what childhood obesity can do to your child's health now, later!