Ana Ivanovic beats Maria Sharapova to reach final
New York: Former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic reached the final of the WTA Cincinnati tournament on Saturday with a 6-2, 5-7, 7-5 marathon win over French Open champ Maria Sharapova.
The Serbian ninth seed, who had lost seven of her previous eight matches against Sharapova, needed two hours and 46 minutes to oust the 27-year-old Russian.
Ivanovic, who moved back into the top 10 in the world last week for the first time in more than five years, will face first seed Serena Williams in Sunday`s final.
Williams has won six of seven career matches against Ivanovic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!