Ana Ivanovic beats Maria Sharapova to reach final
New York: Former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic reached the final of the WTA Cincinnati tournament on Saturday with a 6-2, 5-7, 7-5 marathon win over French Open champ Maria Sharapova.
The Serbian ninth seed, who had lost seven of her previous eight matches against Sharapova, needed two hours and 46 minutes to oust the 27-year-old Russian.
Ivanovic, who moved back into the top 10 in the world last week for the first time in more than five years, will face first seed Serena Williams in Sunday`s final.
Williams has won six of seven career matches against Ivanovic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert