Ana Ivanovic beats Maria Sharapova to reach final
New York: Former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic reached the final of the WTA Cincinnati tournament on Saturday with a 6-2, 5-7, 7-5 marathon win over French Open champ Maria Sharapova.
The Serbian ninth seed, who had lost seven of her previous eight matches against Sharapova, needed two hours and 46 minutes to oust the 27-year-old Russian.
Ivanovic, who moved back into the top 10 in the world last week for the first time in more than five years, will face first seed Serena Williams in Sunday`s final.
Williams has won six of seven career matches against Ivanovic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'