Ana Ivanovic says family is always her ‘biggest support’
Dubai: Ana Ivanovic credits her family with making her who she is today and says that they have “shaped my being basically”.
The tennis player, who lost to Caroline Wozniacki in the quarter-finals of the Dubai Tennis Championships on Thursday night, was asked “tennis or life?”
“I think it’s life… Because it is something that you have. Being healthy, having great people around you. That’s important and something that I value a lot,” Gulf News quoted her as saying.
“My family has always been my biggest support and without them I wouldn’t be here. That is one part of my life, a big part. It shaped my being basically.
“The people around you know your character and when all this wears out you can have a normal existence and raise your kids normally,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015