Ana Ivanovic says family is always her ‘biggest support’
Dubai: Ana Ivanovic credits her family with making her who she is today and says that they have “shaped my being basically”.
The tennis player, who lost to Caroline Wozniacki in the quarter-finals of the Dubai Tennis Championships on Thursday night, was asked “tennis or life?”
“I think it’s life… Because it is something that you have. Being healthy, having great people around you. That’s important and something that I value a lot,” Gulf News quoted her as saying.
“My family has always been my biggest support and without them I wouldn’t be here. That is one part of my life, a big part. It shaped my being basically.
“The people around you know your character and when all this wears out you can have a normal existence and raise your kids normally,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport