Anderson pulls out of Brisbane tournament
Brisbane: Fourth seed Kevin Anderson joined the long casualty list at the Brisbane International on Thursday when he was forced to withdraw with an acute stomach virus.
The South African was due to play Australian wildcard Sam Groth in the second round later Thursday night.
Anderson, the world number 20, was yet to play a singles match as he was given a first round bye, and he has been replaced by qualifying lucky loser Pierre-Hugues Herbert of France.
Anderson joins Nick Kyrgios, Caroline Wozniacki, Sabine Lisicki, Ashleigh Barty and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova as withdrawals from the season-opening tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police