Anderson pulls out of Brisbane tournament
Brisbane: Fourth seed Kevin Anderson joined the long casualty list at the Brisbane International on Thursday when he was forced to withdraw with an acute stomach virus.
The South African was due to play Australian wildcard Sam Groth in the second round later Thursday night.
Anderson, the world number 20, was yet to play a singles match as he was given a first round bye, and he has been replaced by qualifying lucky loser Pierre-Hugues Herbert of France.
Anderson joins Nick Kyrgios, Caroline Wozniacki, Sabine Lisicki, Ashleigh Barty and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova as withdrawals from the season-opening tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III