Anderson pulls out of Brisbane tournament
Brisbane: Fourth seed Kevin Anderson joined the long casualty list at the Brisbane International on Thursday when he was forced to withdraw with an acute stomach virus.
The South African was due to play Australian wildcard Sam Groth in the second round later Thursday night.
Anderson, the world number 20, was yet to play a singles match as he was given a first round bye, and he has been replaced by qualifying lucky loser Pierre-Hugues Herbert of France.
Anderson joins Nick Kyrgios, Caroline Wozniacki, Sabine Lisicki, Ashleigh Barty and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova as withdrawals from the season-opening tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month