Andy Murray aiming for tennis comeback at Brisbane in December
Washington: Wimbledon champion Andy Murray is set to step up his rehabilitation program by returning to practice next month following a back surgery in September.
According to CNN, Murray was forced to pull out of the end of season ATP World Tour Finals in London because of surgery to treat the longstanding injury.
Murray`s spokesman said that rehab was going to plan and that he was aiming to be playing in Miami in mid-November.
Murray is currently planning to play in an exhibition tournament in Barbados at the end of November before making a competitive return at the ATP 250 event in Brisbane in December, the report said.
The two-time grand slam winner has suffered with back injuries throughout his career and was forced to withdraw from this year`s French Open in May before going on to triumph at Wimbledon, the report added.
Murray`s failure to compete at Roland Garros was the first time he had withdrawn from a grand slam tournament since 2007 where a wrist injury prevented him from playing in the French capital, the report further said.
Last month he failed in the defence of his US Open title, losing out to Switzerland`s Stanislas Wawrinka at the quarterfinals stage in straight sets, according to the repot.
He will hope to return to grand slam action in Australia next January before playing for Great Britain in its Davis Cup tie with the US the following month, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today