Andy Murray back on tennis court for first time since back surgery
London: Wimbledon Champion Andy Murray has posted a picture showing him practicing on a tennis court in Miami, raising hopes that he is on the road to recovery after back surgery.
According to the Guardian, the world No 4 put the photograph on his Facebook page together with a caption, which expressed his delight to be hitting for the first time since September`s operation.
Murray wrote that the sun was shining; he was back on the courts, adding that it was a good day.
Murray has not played since losing in the quarterfinals of the US Open to Stanislas Wawrinka in early September, the report said.
He has said he will enter January`s Australian Open only if he feels fit enough to win it, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145