Andy Murray beats Becker to reach Queen`s semis
London: Top seed Andy Murray entered the semifinals of the Queen`s Club grass court championship for the third time defeating Germany`s Benjamin Becker here.
Murray, ranked second in the world and twice a Queen`s champion, won a testing match 6-4, 7-6(3) Friday to set up a semifinal showdown against French star Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
Tsonga, a beaten semifinalist at the French Open, beat American Denis Kudla 6-3, 6-2.
Bad weather had forced Murray to complete his opening two matches Thursday but he saw off Becker in bright sunshine and a stiff breeze, despite a rather more uneven performance.
Lleyton Hewitt upset Argentine third seed Juan Martin del Potro 6-2, 2-6, 6-2. The Australian veteran will take on defending champion Marin Cilic, who shocked second seed Tomas Berdych 7-5, 7-6(4).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him