Andy Murray beats Becker to reach Queen`s semis
London: Top seed Andy Murray entered the semifinals of the Queen`s Club grass court championship for the third time defeating Germany`s Benjamin Becker here.
Murray, ranked second in the world and twice a Queen`s champion, won a testing match 6-4, 7-6(3) Friday to set up a semifinal showdown against French star Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
Tsonga, a beaten semifinalist at the French Open, beat American Denis Kudla 6-3, 6-2.
Bad weather had forced Murray to complete his opening two matches Thursday but he saw off Becker in bright sunshine and a stiff breeze, despite a rather more uneven performance.
Lleyton Hewitt upset Argentine third seed Juan Martin del Potro 6-2, 2-6, 6-2. The Australian veteran will take on defending champion Marin Cilic, who shocked second seed Tomas Berdych 7-5, 7-6(4).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family