Andy Murray beats Novak Djokovic to reach Dubai final
Dubai: Andy Murray beat world number one Novak Djokovic 6-2, 7-5 in the semifinals of the Dubai Tennis Championships on Friday.
Djokovic started strongly, holding his opening two service games to love in the duo`s first meeting since the Serb triumphed in an epic five-set semifinal at the Australian Open in January.
But from 2-2, a pumped-up Murray then won seven games in a row to claim the first set and go 3-0 up in the second on a balmy evening in Dubai.
Murray served for the match at 5-3, but the world number four seemed nervous, double-faulting as Djokovic earned two break points.
A netted backhand from the Briton then enabled Djokovic to pull it back to 5-4 and the set appeared to be heading for a tiebreak. However, Murray roused himself to break again and seal victory after the Serb clubbed a forehand into the net.
Murray will now play the winner of Friday`s other semifinal between 16-times grand slam winner Roger Federer and Argentine Juan Martin Del Potro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing