Andy Murray eying Amelie Mauresmo as `long term` coach
London: Former Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has revealed that he wants former French tennis star Amelie Mauresmo to remain as his coach for the foreseeable future.
The Briton had announced the link-up with Mauresmo shortly before the grass-court season. But the partnership was thrown into doubt after Grigor Dimitrov defeated Murray in the Wimbledon quarter-finals.
Murray said that they have agreed to work together and he feels that from both sides they are willing to do what it takes to make it work long term, The BBC reported.
Photographs of Mauresmo at Murray`s recent training camp in Miami suggested that the partnership would continue, and ahead of this week`s Rogers Cup in Toronto the British number one revealed that their time together in Florida had been successful.
Murray said that he really enjoys working with Mauresmo, and added that she has helped him a lot. He said that Mauresmo integrated well with the rest of the team and it has been a good start.
Murray`s Wimbledon exit saw him drop to 10th in the world rankings but he will set about improving his position in Canada this week, where he is the eighth seed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming