Andy Murray eying Amelie Mauresmo as `long term` coach
London: Former Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has revealed that he wants former French tennis star Amelie Mauresmo to remain as his coach for the foreseeable future.
The Briton had announced the link-up with Mauresmo shortly before the grass-court season. But the partnership was thrown into doubt after Grigor Dimitrov defeated Murray in the Wimbledon quarter-finals.
Murray said that they have agreed to work together and he feels that from both sides they are willing to do what it takes to make it work long term, The BBC reported.
Photographs of Mauresmo at Murray`s recent training camp in Miami suggested that the partnership would continue, and ahead of this week`s Rogers Cup in Toronto the British number one revealed that their time together in Florida had been successful.
Murray said that he really enjoys working with Mauresmo, and added that she has helped him a lot. He said that Mauresmo integrated well with the rest of the team and it has been a good start.
Murray`s Wimbledon exit saw him drop to 10th in the world rankings but he will set about improving his position in Canada this week, where he is the eighth seed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video