Andy Murray signs up with Mahesh Bhupati’s GloboSport
London: US Open and Olympic champion Andy Murray has signed on as the first client of a new partnership between his management company and Indian doubles star Mahesh Bhupathi's GloboSport.
The move is aimed at helping the tennis star develop his off-court interests in Asia and the Middle East.
Murray's commercial activities have been managed by Simon Fuller's XIX Entertainment since 2007,
But there had been speculation the 25-year-old Scot may switch to a rival to help him further his business interests.
Bhupathi launched GloboSport, a media and entertainment company, in 2002 and this week was revealed as the brainchild behind plans for an International Tennis Premier League, based on cricket''s Indian Premier League and played during tennis'' short off-season in November and December.
According to the repot, the leading players have already been approached and Murray's involvement with Bhupathi could lead him to become a key figure if the league gets the green light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news