Andy Murray signs up with Mahesh Bhupati’s GloboSport
London: US Open and Olympic champion Andy Murray has signed on as the first client of a new partnership between his management company and Indian doubles star Mahesh Bhupathi's GloboSport.
The move is aimed at helping the tennis star develop his off-court interests in Asia and the Middle East.
Murray's commercial activities have been managed by Simon Fuller's XIX Entertainment since 2007,
But there had been speculation the 25-year-old Scot may switch to a rival to help him further his business interests.
Bhupathi launched GloboSport, a media and entertainment company, in 2002 and this week was revealed as the brainchild behind plans for an International Tennis Premier League, based on cricket''s Indian Premier League and played during tennis'' short off-season in November and December.
According to the repot, the leading players have already been approached and Murray's involvement with Bhupathi could lead him to become a key figure if the league gets the green light.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India