Andy Murray signs up with Mahesh Bhupati’s GloboSport
London: US Open and Olympic champion Andy Murray has signed on as the first client of a new partnership between his management company and Indian doubles star Mahesh Bhupathi's GloboSport.
The move is aimed at helping the tennis star develop his off-court interests in Asia and the Middle East.
Murray's commercial activities have been managed by Simon Fuller's XIX Entertainment since 2007,
But there had been speculation the 25-year-old Scot may switch to a rival to help him further his business interests.
Bhupathi launched GloboSport, a media and entertainment company, in 2002 and this week was revealed as the brainchild behind plans for an International Tennis Premier League, based on cricket''s Indian Premier League and played during tennis'' short off-season in November and December.
According to the repot, the leading players have already been approached and Murray's involvement with Bhupathi could lead him to become a key figure if the league gets the green light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!