Andy Murray stunned at Paris Masters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: US Open winner Andy Murray lost to 69th rank Jerzy Janowicz of Poland in three sets to crash out of the Paris Masters on Thursday.
Janowicz was one set down when he came back to stun the Olympic Champion 5-7, 7-6 (4), 6-2 in the third round of the event.
"This was the most unbelievable day in my life. I beat Olympic champion, U.S. Open champion. Unbelievable feeling for me,`` Janowicz was quoted as saying by a news agency.
"Still, I have feeling like in few minutes I`m going to wake up and it`s gonna be everything gone,” he said.
"I needed to focus well on my serve. I did that for the most part, and then when I served for the match I didn`t play a particularly good game,`` Murray said after the loss.
"He probably gained some confidence from that and played a good tiebreak, played aggressive. He hits a very flat ball, so when he`s hitting it well it comes through the court a lot,`` he said.
In another match, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beat 11th-seeded Nicolas Almagro of Spain 7-6 (4), 7-6 (3) and will now face plays David Ferrer, who beat 16th-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland 6-2, 4-6, 6-2.
Janowicz will next face Janko Tipsarevic who defeated ninth-seeded Juan Monaco of Argentina 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, while Llodra takes on Querrey, after he beat 14th-seeded Milos Raonic of Canada 6-3, 7-6 (1).
With these wins, Tsonga and Tipsarevic have clinched the final two spots for the season-ending World Tour Finals in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened