Ankita ends runner-up at Uzbeksitan ITF event
New Delhi: Indian qualifier Ankita Raina`s splendid run at the USD 25000 ITF Women tennis tournament in Karshi, Uzbekistan ended with a runners-up finish as she lost the summit clash in straight sets to local favourite Sabina Sharipova.
Playing her first ever final in a USD 25,000 ITF event, Ankita lost 3-6, 3-6 to Sharipova, who is ranked 92 places above the Indian in world ranking at 363.
"This was the first time I was playing in a USD 25,000 event final and was very anxious. I didn’t show enough patience and that hurt me," said Ankita, who would now playing a USD 25000 ITF event in Bukhara next week.
The run to the final will help Ankita add valuable 34 points to her ranking.
In the doubles event at the same tournament Ankita had made a first round exit with compatriot Prarthana G. Thombare after losing 3-6, 6-4, 6-10 to third seeded pair of Ukraine`s Veronika Kapshay and Teodora Mircic of Serbia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living