Ankita ends runner-up in ITF Futures
New Delhi: Home favourite Ankita Raina had to be content with a runner-up finish after losing the final of the ITF Futures tournament in straight sets to Japanese third seed Miyabi Inoue, on Saturday.
Ankita went down 2-6 2-6 in the women singles final of the USD 10,000 tournament.
The eighth seed Indian struggled with her serve throughout the match. She attacked Inoue`s serve but the Japanese managed to come up with quality down the line winners on most of the tight situations.
"I am overall happy with my performance in these two tournaments. I could have played a lot better today. But I would learn from these mistakes and improve the next time I play her," she said.
Ankita had won a double crown a fortnight ago and reached the singles final and doubles semifinal this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends