Ankita ends runner-up in ITF Futures
New Delhi: Home favourite Ankita Raina had to be content with a runner-up finish after losing the final of the ITF Futures tournament in straight sets to Japanese third seed Miyabi Inoue, on Saturday.
Ankita went down 2-6 2-6 in the women singles final of the USD 10,000 tournament.
The eighth seed Indian struggled with her serve throughout the match. She attacked Inoue`s serve but the Japanese managed to come up with quality down the line winners on most of the tight situations.
"I am overall happy with my performance in these two tournaments. I could have played a lot better today. But I would learn from these mistakes and improve the next time I play her," she said.
Ankita had won a double crown a fortnight ago and reached the singles final and doubles semifinal this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui