Ankita ends runner-up in ITF Futures
New Delhi: Home favourite Ankita Raina had to be content with a runner-up finish after losing the final of the ITF Futures tournament in straight sets to Japanese third seed Miyabi Inoue, on Saturday.
Ankita went down 2-6 2-6 in the women singles final of the USD 10,000 tournament.
The eighth seed Indian struggled with her serve throughout the match. She attacked Inoue`s serve but the Japanese managed to come up with quality down the line winners on most of the tight situations.
"I am overall happy with my performance in these two tournaments. I could have played a lot better today. But I would learn from these mistakes and improve the next time I play her," she said.
Ankita had won a double crown a fortnight ago and reached the singles final and doubles semifinal this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray