Ankita ends runner-up in ITF Futures
New Delhi: Home favourite Ankita Raina had to be content with a runner-up finish after losing the final of the ITF Futures tournament in straight sets to Japanese third seed Miyabi Inoue, on Saturday.
Ankita went down 2-6 2-6 in the women singles final of the USD 10,000 tournament.
The eighth seed Indian struggled with her serve throughout the match. She attacked Inoue`s serve but the Japanese managed to come up with quality down the line winners on most of the tight situations.
"I am overall happy with my performance in these two tournaments. I could have played a lot better today. But I would learn from these mistakes and improve the next time I play her," she said.
Ankita had won a double crown a fortnight ago and reached the singles final and doubles semifinal this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- SUV chases Gujarat Oppn leader Shankersinh Vaghela's vehicle, nearly hits it
- Srinagar records season's hottest day, heat wave on in Jammu
- Attack on union ministers is 'panic reaction' of BJD: Manohar Parrikar
- Arvind Kejriwal pushing Delhi into constitutional crisis: Delhi BJP
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA