Ankita ends runner-up in ITF Futures
New Delhi: Home favourite Ankita Raina had to be content with a runner-up finish after losing the final of the ITF Futures tournament in straight sets to Japanese third seed Miyabi Inoue, on Saturday.
Ankita went down 2-6 2-6 in the women singles final of the USD 10,000 tournament.
The eighth seed Indian struggled with her serve throughout the match. She attacked Inoue`s serve but the Japanese managed to come up with quality down the line winners on most of the tight situations.
"I am overall happy with my performance in these two tournaments. I could have played a lot better today. But I would learn from these mistakes and improve the next time I play her," she said.
Ankita had won a double crown a fortnight ago and reached the singles final and doubles semifinal this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report