Argentina draws 1-1 with Croatia in Davis Cup
Buenos Aires: Argentine Juan Martin del Potro, ranked 10th in the world, beat 52nd-ranked Croatian Ivo Karlovic to tie their Davis Cup quarterfinal series 1-1.
Del Potro, the 2009 US Open champion, won the match Friday 6-2, 7-6 and 6-1 in two hours and 19 minutes at the Parque Roca clay court in southern Buenos Aires.
Earlier, Croatian Marin Cilic, who ranked 23rd, defeated Argentine 50th-ranked David Nalbandian 5-7, 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 and 6-3.
The doubles will be played by Argentine Nalbandian and Eduardo Schwank against Cilic and Lovro Zovko Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery