Argentina draws 1-1 with Croatia in Davis Cup
Buenos Aires: Argentine Juan Martin del Potro, ranked 10th in the world, beat 52nd-ranked Croatian Ivo Karlovic to tie their Davis Cup quarterfinal series 1-1.
Del Potro, the 2009 US Open champion, won the match Friday 6-2, 7-6 and 6-1 in two hours and 19 minutes at the Parque Roca clay court in southern Buenos Aires.
Earlier, Croatian Marin Cilic, who ranked 23rd, defeated Argentine 50th-ranked David Nalbandian 5-7, 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 and 6-3.
The doubles will be played by Argentine Nalbandian and Eduardo Schwank against Cilic and Lovro Zovko Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog