ATP World Tour Finals: Novak Djokovic defeats Andy Murray 4-6, 6-3, 7-5
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Super Serb Novak Djokovic fought back from a set down and went on to defeat Andy Murray 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 at the ATP World Tour Finals on Wednesday and all but seal a place in the last four of the season-ending tournament.
World No. 3 Andy Murray dominated the proceedings in the first set where he conceded just three points on his serve. But Djokovic once again showed resilience and went on to win the next two sets in a match that lasted for 2 hours and 34 minutes.
In case if Jo-Wilfried Tsonga defeats Tomas Berdych in the day`s other singles match, Djokovic would be assured a semi-final berth with one round-robin match to play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression