Aus Open: Paes braces for mixed doubles title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Melbourne: India’s Leander Paes will be eyeing a second Australian Open 2012 title in as many days when he partners Russian Elena Vesnina for mixed double titles on Sunday.
Leander Paes on Saturday along with Czech Radek Stepanek won the men’s double title defeating American pair of Mike and Bob Bryan to claim his 13th Slam title.
Before Saturday’s win, Paes had thrice reached the Australian open men’s double final losing on all occasions - twice to Bryan brothers.
He created history by becoming the first Indian to complete a career Grand Slam by winning the double’s crown 7-6, 6-2 lasting one hour and 24 minutes.
Elena Vesnina earlier was eliminated from the semifinals of the Women’s double where she partnered Sania Mirza of India.
The fifth seeded pair of Paes and Vesnina will take on eight seeds Bethanie Mattek Sands and Horia Tecau for the title clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar