Aus Open: Paes braces for mixed doubles title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Melbourne: India’s Leander Paes will be eyeing a second Australian Open 2012 title in as many days when he partners Russian Elena Vesnina for mixed double titles on Sunday.
Leander Paes on Saturday along with Czech Radek Stepanek won the men’s double title defeating American pair of Mike and Bob Bryan to claim his 13th Slam title.
Before Saturday’s win, Paes had thrice reached the Australian open men’s double final losing on all occasions - twice to Bryan brothers.
He created history by becoming the first Indian to complete a career Grand Slam by winning the double’s crown 7-6, 6-2 lasting one hour and 24 minutes.
Elena Vesnina earlier was eliminated from the semifinals of the Women’s double where she partnered Sania Mirza of India.
The fifth seeded pair of Paes and Vesnina will take on eight seeds Bethanie Mattek Sands and Horia Tecau for the title clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note