Aus Open: Paes braces for mixed doubles title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Melbourne: India’s Leander Paes will be eyeing a second Australian Open 2012 title in as many days when he partners Russian Elena Vesnina for mixed double titles on Sunday.
Leander Paes on Saturday along with Czech Radek Stepanek won the men’s double title defeating American pair of Mike and Bob Bryan to claim his 13th Slam title.
Before Saturday’s win, Paes had thrice reached the Australian open men’s double final losing on all occasions - twice to Bryan brothers.
He created history by becoming the first Indian to complete a career Grand Slam by winning the double’s crown 7-6, 6-2 lasting one hour and 24 minutes.
Elena Vesnina earlier was eliminated from the semifinals of the Women’s double where she partnered Sania Mirza of India.
The fifth seeded pair of Paes and Vesnina will take on eight seeds Bethanie Mattek Sands and Horia Tecau for the title clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?