Australia takes 2-1 lead with doubles win
Sydney: Lleyton Hewitt and Chris Guccione combined to upset Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka in the doubles on Saturday to give Australia a 2-1 lead in the Davis Cup match against Switzerland.
The Australian pair rallied for a 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 7-6 (5) victory that means the Swiss pair must win both of Sunday`s reverse singles matches to win.
Teenager Bernard Tomic will meet No. 3-ranked Federer on Sunday, with Hewitt to play Wawrinka in the last singles match.
Federer beat Hewitt on Friday to level the tie after Tomic had opened with a win over Wawrinka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing