Australia takes 2-1 lead with doubles win
Sydney: Lleyton Hewitt and Chris Guccione combined to upset Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka in the doubles on Saturday to give Australia a 2-1 lead in the Davis Cup match against Switzerland.
The Australian pair rallied for a 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 7-6 (5) victory that means the Swiss pair must win both of Sunday`s reverse singles matches to win.
Teenager Bernard Tomic will meet No. 3-ranked Federer on Sunday, with Hewitt to play Wawrinka in the last singles match.
Federer beat Hewitt on Friday to level the tie after Tomic had opened with a win over Wawrinka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport