Australia takes 2-1 lead with doubles win
Sydney: Lleyton Hewitt and Chris Guccione combined to upset Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka in the doubles on Saturday to give Australia a 2-1 lead in the Davis Cup match against Switzerland.
The Australian pair rallied for a 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 7-6 (5) victory that means the Swiss pair must win both of Sunday`s reverse singles matches to win.
Teenager Bernard Tomic will meet No. 3-ranked Federer on Sunday, with Hewitt to play Wawrinka in the last singles match.
Federer beat Hewitt on Friday to level the tie after Tomic had opened with a win over Wawrinka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...