Australia takes 2-1 lead with doubles win
Sydney: Lleyton Hewitt and Chris Guccione combined to upset Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka in the doubles on Saturday to give Australia a 2-1 lead in the Davis Cup match against Switzerland.
The Australian pair rallied for a 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 7-6 (5) victory that means the Swiss pair must win both of Sunday`s reverse singles matches to win.
Teenager Bernard Tomic will meet No. 3-ranked Federer on Sunday, with Hewitt to play Wawrinka in the last singles match.
Federer beat Hewitt on Friday to level the tie after Tomic had opened with a win over Wawrinka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Police arrest two suspects for attempting to rape a 14-year-old
- Two new Zika vaccines give '100% protection' to mice in tests!
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids