Legends Pele, Federer swap shirts in Brazil!
London: Tennis star Roger Federer reportedly got the chance to rub shoulders with one of the finest players in football history, Pele as he went to his residence in Brazil.
Federer gave a signed tennis shirt with a personal message from his side, while in return Pele offered a signed 1960s-era blue Brazil shirt.
“I love playing tennis and today one of the greats of the game dropped by to say hello. Roger Federer, you are a champion on the court and in life,” the Daily Mail quoted Pele, as writing on his Twitter page.
Federer had earlier said on Facebook: “Today I had the great honour of meeting the legendary Pele.”
He is in South America to play in the Gillette Federer tennis exhibition tournament, the paper said.
The Sao Paulo competition also involves Maria Sharapova, Caroline Wozniacki, Serena Williams and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, among others, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth