Maria Kirilenko’s branding issue
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Melbourne: Maria Kirilenko was on the verge of disqualification from the Australian Open after a branding issue caught her on the wrong foot.
The 25-year-old Russian was sporting a visor that had the logos of two brands which amounted to breaching of the branding regulations. She was promptly ordered by the organisers to remove the logo of a particular brand from her visor before facing Yanina Wickmayer in her third round match.
"Actually there were two signs and they said I`m not allowed to wear two brands on the same visor,” Kirilenko was quoted as saying by a website.
"I don`t know (why), but I played two matches with that (already) and nobody tell me until today,” she was quoted as saying.
Kirilenko defeated Wickmayer in three sets to book a fourth round date with American Serena Williams.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark