Maria Kirilenko’s branding issue
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Melbourne: Maria Kirilenko was on the verge of disqualification from the Australian Open after a branding issue caught her on the wrong foot.
The 25-year-old Russian was sporting a visor that had the logos of two brands which amounted to breaching of the branding regulations. She was promptly ordered by the organisers to remove the logo of a particular brand from her visor before facing Yanina Wickmayer in her third round match.
"Actually there were two signs and they said I`m not allowed to wear two brands on the same visor,” Kirilenko was quoted as saying by a website.
"I don`t know (why), but I played two matches with that (already) and nobody tell me until today,” she was quoted as saying.
Kirilenko defeated Wickmayer in three sets to book a fourth round date with American Serena Williams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack