You make 500(AUD) per minute to lose 6-0 6-0 in Oz Open!
Sydney: Russian tennis player Olga Puchkova earned more than 27,000 Australian dollars despite failing to win a single game against Maria Sharapova during her first round 6-0 6-0 defeat in the Australian Open.
Puchkova made around 500 dollars per minute during her 55 minutes long struggle against Sharapova, News.com.au reports.
Players are laughing all the way to the bank after Tennis Australia recently caved and announced a significant pay rise for early round losers.
The 27,600 dollars for a first round loser is a 32.7 per cent increase on last year and was brought in to prevent a potential boycott of the prized event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda