You make 500(AUD) per minute to lose 6-0 6-0 in Oz Open!
Sydney: Russian tennis player Olga Puchkova earned more than 27,000 Australian dollars despite failing to win a single game against Maria Sharapova during her first round 6-0 6-0 defeat in the Australian Open.
Puchkova made around 500 dollars per minute during her 55 minutes long struggle against Sharapova, News.com.au reports.
Players are laughing all the way to the bank after Tennis Australia recently caved and announced a significant pay rise for early round losers.
The 27,600 dollars for a first round loser is a 32.7 per cent increase on last year and was brought in to prevent a potential boycott of the prized event.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living