New Delhi: As expected, Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis on Friday brushed aside the challenge from Andrea Hlavackova Lucie Hradecka to win the Australian Open 2016.
The number one seeds beat the number seven seeds 7-6, 6-3 to win their third successive Grand Slam.
Having signed off 2015 with wins at Wimbledon and US Open, Sania and Martina got 2016 off with a bang.
While Hingis' campaign at the year's first major has ended, Sania can add another title to her kitty with a win in the mixed doubles with partner Ivan Dodig.
With SanTina express crushing everybody in sight, here are five facts that highlight their dominance on the WTA circuit.
1) The pair has now won 36 matches on the trot, just nine matches away from equalling the all-time record of 44 set by Jana Novotna and Helena Sukova in 1990.
2) The duo began their partnership on a solid footing, winning the first three tournaments they played early in 2015.
3) After losing to Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova in the the quarterfinals of the French Open 2015, the Indo-Swiss pair has won 43 of the next 46 matches.
4) Their trophy cabinet now includes silverware from Australian Open, Wimbledon, US Open, Guangzhou, Wuhan, Beijing, the WTA Finals, Brisbane and Sydney.
5) Sania and Martina were recognized as the WTA's 'Doubles Team of the Year' in December 2015.