Australian Sam Groth records the fastest serve at 263kph
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Busan: Melbourne based 24-year old Australian Tennis player, Sam Groth fired down the fastest serve ever recorded in professional Tennis in a Challenger event in South Korea.
Ranked 340 in the world, the Aussie eventually lost the second round match to Belarusian Uladzimir Ignatik.
The previous recorded fastest serve was from the big Croatian Ivo Karlovic when he sent down a serve of 251kph in Zagreb in March, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!