Australian Sam Groth records the fastest serve at 263kph
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Busan: Melbourne based 24-year old Australian Tennis player, Sam Groth fired down the fastest serve ever recorded in professional Tennis in a Challenger event in South Korea.
Ranked 340 in the world, the Aussie eventually lost the second round match to Belarusian Uladzimir Ignatik.
The previous recorded fastest serve was from the big Croatian Ivo Karlovic when he sent down a serve of 251kph in Zagreb in March, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination