Australian tennis ace Bernard Tomic linked to `outlawed` bike gang
Melbourne: Australian tennis ace Bernard Tomic has reportedly been linked to a notorious motorcycle gang on the Gold Coast, weeks after the Australian Crime Commission disclosed increasing links between organised crime and professional athletes.
Tomic is a friend of Nelson Patea, who is closely associated with several members of the outlawed Bandidos motorcycle gang, who are listed as friends on his Facebook account, the Courier Mail reports.
The report further said that Tomic, who also communicates with Patea on Facebook, had been seen by fans posing for photographs along with Patea in front of his orange BMW before it was sold, and with the yellow Ferrari he was seen driving earlier this year.
Refusing to acknowledge any alleged links with Tomic, Bandidos sources have said that they do not want to ruin Tomic`s image and career.
The link to the outlaw gang is another chapter for the controversial tennis star, who lost his driver`s license after a series of infringements, before he claimed people were `picking on him`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs