Australian tennis ace Bernard Tomic linked to `outlawed` bike gang
Melbourne: Australian tennis ace Bernard Tomic has reportedly been linked to a notorious motorcycle gang on the Gold Coast, weeks after the Australian Crime Commission disclosed increasing links between organised crime and professional athletes.
Tomic is a friend of Nelson Patea, who is closely associated with several members of the outlawed Bandidos motorcycle gang, who are listed as friends on his Facebook account, the Courier Mail reports.
The report further said that Tomic, who also communicates with Patea on Facebook, had been seen by fans posing for photographs along with Patea in front of his orange BMW before it was sold, and with the yellow Ferrari he was seen driving earlier this year.
Refusing to acknowledge any alleged links with Tomic, Bandidos sources have said that they do not want to ruin Tomic`s image and career.
The link to the outlaw gang is another chapter for the controversial tennis star, who lost his driver`s license after a series of infringements, before he claimed people were `picking on him`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?