Azarenka claims closing gap to `best ever` Serena Williams
Johannesburg: Belarusian player Victoria Azarenka has said that she is steadily closing the gap in being the best women`s tennis player and that she too, is playing the best tennis like World No.1 Serena Williams.
According to Sport24, Azarenka suffered another bruising loss to the mighty American in the US Open final earlier this month in a repeat of the 2012 championship match in New York.
However, the Belarusian quickly climbed off the canvas, saying she was over it in 24 hours, according to the report.
Azarenka said that it was hard to compare her game with Serena and that it was like comparing Muhammad Ali and Floyd Mayweather because they were both the greatest in two different eras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win