Azarenka says battling to be fit to face Serena in Thai exhibition match
Johannesburg: Women tennis` world number two Victoria Azarenka has said that she is battling to get her fitness back on track after a disappointing 2013 as she prepared to face world number one Serena Williams in an exhibition match in Thailand.
The Belarussian, a two-time Australian Open champion who ended 2013 with just three titles, will start her 2014 season with a return to Brisbane where she was forced to withdraw from the semi-finals a year earlier due to a toe infection on her right foot.
According to Sport24, Azarenka, who hit the catwalk for a special fashion show in Thailand along with Williams, said that she is hoping for a victory in Thailand to bring her good luck again in Melbourne, for which she is working hard to keep up her fitness .
Azarenka has won just three of her 16 meetings against Williams, although she split their four clashes in 2013 and for a second successive season took her great rival to three sets in the US Open final, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city