Azarenka says battling to be fit to face Serena in Thai exhibition match
Johannesburg: Women tennis` world number two Victoria Azarenka has said that she is battling to get her fitness back on track after a disappointing 2013 as she prepared to face world number one Serena Williams in an exhibition match in Thailand.
The Belarussian, a two-time Australian Open champion who ended 2013 with just three titles, will start her 2014 season with a return to Brisbane where she was forced to withdraw from the semi-finals a year earlier due to a toe infection on her right foot.
According to Sport24, Azarenka, who hit the catwalk for a special fashion show in Thailand along with Williams, said that she is hoping for a victory in Thailand to bring her good luck again in Melbourne, for which she is working hard to keep up her fitness .
Azarenka has won just three of her 16 meetings against Williams, although she split their four clashes in 2013 and for a second successive season took her great rival to three sets in the US Open final, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says