Azarenka to meet Sharapova in Stuttgart final
Stuttgart: Top ranked Victoria Azarenka sailed past Agnieszka Radwanska 6-1, 6-3 in the first of Saturday`s semifinals to reach the final of the Stuttgart Grand Prix.
Azarenka needed just 77 minutes to register her fifth victory over the Pole. The 22-year-old Belarusian has a 29-1 record this season and has won four titles already this year.
In the second semi-final, second-ranked Maria Sharapova defeated Petra Kvitova 6-4, 7-6 (3) to set up a final showdown with Azarenka.
The Russian will be looking to register her first victory over Azarenka this year after losing to her in two finals including the Australian Open.
The top-ranked women players of the world will be vying for USD 110,000 in prize money plus a new sports car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you