Azarenka to meet Sharapova in Stuttgart final
Stuttgart: Top ranked Victoria Azarenka sailed past Agnieszka Radwanska 6-1, 6-3 in the first of Saturday`s semifinals to reach the final of the Stuttgart Grand Prix.
Azarenka needed just 77 minutes to register her fifth victory over the Pole. The 22-year-old Belarusian has a 29-1 record this season and has won four titles already this year.
In the second semi-final, second-ranked Maria Sharapova defeated Petra Kvitova 6-4, 7-6 (3) to set up a final showdown with Azarenka.
The Russian will be looking to register her first victory over Azarenka this year after losing to her in two finals including the Australian Open.
The top-ranked women players of the world will be vying for USD 110,000 in prize money plus a new sports car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II