Azarenka to meet Sharapova in Stuttgart final
Stuttgart: Top ranked Victoria Azarenka sailed past Agnieszka Radwanska 6-1, 6-3 in the first of Saturday`s semifinals to reach the final of the Stuttgart Grand Prix.
Azarenka needed just 77 minutes to register her fifth victory over the Pole. The 22-year-old Belarusian has a 29-1 record this season and has won four titles already this year.
In the second semi-final, second-ranked Maria Sharapova defeated Petra Kvitova 6-4, 7-6 (3) to set up a final showdown with Azarenka.
The Russian will be looking to register her first victory over Azarenka this year after losing to her in two finals including the Australian Open.
The top-ranked women players of the world will be vying for USD 110,000 in prize money plus a new sports car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!