Azarenka to meet Sharapova in Stuttgart final
Stuttgart: Top ranked Victoria Azarenka sailed past Agnieszka Radwanska 6-1, 6-3 in the first of Saturday`s semifinals to reach the final of the Stuttgart Grand Prix.
Azarenka needed just 77 minutes to register her fifth victory over the Pole. The 22-year-old Belarusian has a 29-1 record this season and has won four titles already this year.
In the second semi-final, second-ranked Maria Sharapova defeated Petra Kvitova 6-4, 7-6 (3) to set up a final showdown with Azarenka.
The Russian will be looking to register her first victory over Azarenka this year after losing to her in two finals including the Australian Open.
The top-ranked women players of the world will be vying for USD 110,000 in prize money plus a new sports car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range