Baghdatis, Tipsarevic reach Malaysia Open final
Kuala Lumpur: Marcos Baghdatis beat second-seeded Viktor Troicki 6-3, 6-1 to deny the Malaysian Open an all-Serbian final as Janko Tipsarevic also won his semifinal match on Saturday.
Tipsarevic was a 6-4, 6-3 winner against Kei Nishikori of Japan as the third-seeded Serbian player put himself in contention for a first career title by reaching his third final of the season.
Baghdatis, playing as a wildcard after slipping to No. 60 in the rankings, broke the 15th-ranked Troicki three times in each set for a first win over a top-20 player in six tries. The Cypriot`s last reached an ATP final at the Kremlin Cup 11 months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery