Baghdatis, Tipsarevic reach Malaysia Open final
Kuala Lumpur: Marcos Baghdatis beat second-seeded Viktor Troicki 6-3, 6-1 to deny the Malaysian Open an all-Serbian final as Janko Tipsarevic also won his semifinal match on Saturday.
Tipsarevic was a 6-4, 6-3 winner against Kei Nishikori of Japan as the third-seeded Serbian player put himself in contention for a first career title by reaching his third final of the season.
Baghdatis, playing as a wildcard after slipping to No. 60 in the rankings, broke the 15th-ranked Troicki three times in each set for a first win over a top-20 player in six tries. The Cypriot`s last reached an ATP final at the Kremlin Cup 11 months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case