Baghdatis, Tipsarevic reach Malaysia Open final
Kuala Lumpur: Marcos Baghdatis beat second-seeded Viktor Troicki 6-3, 6-1 to deny the Malaysian Open an all-Serbian final as Janko Tipsarevic also won his semifinal match on Saturday.
Tipsarevic was a 6-4, 6-3 winner against Kei Nishikori of Japan as the third-seeded Serbian player put himself in contention for a first career title by reaching his third final of the season.
Baghdatis, playing as a wildcard after slipping to No. 60 in the rankings, broke the 15th-ranked Troicki three times in each set for a first win over a top-20 player in six tries. The Cypriot`s last reached an ATP final at the Kremlin Cup 11 months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees