Baghdatis, Tipsarevic reach Malaysia Open final
Kuala Lumpur: Marcos Baghdatis beat second-seeded Viktor Troicki 6-3, 6-1 to deny the Malaysian Open an all-Serbian final as Janko Tipsarevic also won his semifinal match on Saturday.
Tipsarevic was a 6-4, 6-3 winner against Kei Nishikori of Japan as the third-seeded Serbian player put himself in contention for a first career title by reaching his third final of the season.
Baghdatis, playing as a wildcard after slipping to No. 60 in the rankings, broke the 15th-ranked Troicki three times in each set for a first win over a top-20 player in six tries. The Cypriot`s last reached an ATP final at the Kremlin Cup 11 months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach