Baghdatis, Tipsarevic reach Malaysia Open final
Kuala Lumpur: Marcos Baghdatis beat second-seeded Viktor Troicki 6-3, 6-1 to deny the Malaysian Open an all-Serbian final as Janko Tipsarevic also won his semifinal match on Saturday.
Tipsarevic was a 6-4, 6-3 winner against Kei Nishikori of Japan as the third-seeded Serbian player put himself in contention for a first career title by reaching his third final of the season.
Baghdatis, playing as a wildcard after slipping to No. 60 in the rankings, broke the 15th-ranked Troicki three times in each set for a first win over a top-20 player in six tries. The Cypriot`s last reached an ATP final at the Kremlin Cup 11 months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!