Batra, Reddy annex Junior National Tennis titles
New Delhi: Local boy Garvit Batra and Snehadevi Reddy won the boys` and girls` U-16 singles titles respectively at the Fenesta Open National Tennis Championship which conlcuded at the DLTA courts here on October 20.
It was an absolutely poor quality tennis dished out by both Garvit and Shashank as the match went for close to three and half hours with Delhi lad finally winning 7-5, 4-6, 6-2.
In the girl’s under-16, Snehadevi justified her top billing but not before she was made to work hard for the title by Pranjalla Yadlapalli who lost the final 2-6, 6-4, 6-1.
Top seed BR Nikshep won the boys` under-14 singles title with a comfortable 6-1, 6-0 win over Sani Jagtiani of West Bengal. In the girls` under-14 singles final, Delhi girl Vanshika Sawhney got the better of Mihika Yadav 6-4, 7-6(4) win.
Former India cricket captain Kapil Dev was the chief guest for the finals as he witnessed the final between Garvit and Shashank.
Brief Results: Boys Under 16: Garvit Batra bt Shashank Nautiyal 7-5,4-6,6-2; Girls Under 16: S Snehadevi Reddy bt Pranjalla Yadlapalli 2-6,6-4,6-1; Boys Under 14: BR Nikshep bt Sanil Jagtiani 6-1,6-0; Girls Under 14: Vanshika Sawhney bt Mihika Yadav 6-4,7-6 (4).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed