Batra wins silver at IITF Polish Junior and Cadet Open
New Delhi: Promising Indian paddler Manika Batra settled for a silver medal in the girls singles event at the IITF Polish Junior and Cadet Open after losing the summit clash to top seed Japanese Miyu Kato.
The Delhi girl, a surprise finalist and the seventh seed, lost the final 9-11, 11-7, 11-7, 7-11, 6-11, 11-7, 8-11 on Wednesday in Wladyslawowo, Poland.
The 17-year-old Indian had earlier ousted Japanese Ayane Morita and the fifth seed in the penultimate round in seven games.
In the quarterfinals of girls` doubles Japanese pair of Kato and Yui Hamamoto prevailed over Batra and Sutirtha Mukherjee 3-2.
In August 2011 at the ITTF World Tour Chile Open in Santiago, Batra beat London 2012 Olympic Games silver medallist, Kasumi Ishikawa, in the semi-finals of the Under 21 Women’s singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read