Becker calls Federer`s 2016 Rio Olympics target `far-fetched`
Washington: Former World No.1 Boris Becker has said that Roger Federer`s Rio Olympics 2016 target is far-fetched and that things in tennis are not scripted for him to wait for a perfect ending.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Becker expressed that next year would be important for Federer and it would be very hard in 12 months time not only to have not won a slam but also to go out in the second or third round of tournaments he has won six or seven times before.
The former German player thinks that Federer should not wait to a win a Grand Slam and then take retirement because it`s not scripted and an happy ending or a perfect ending is not guaranteed for anyone, the report said.
He added that fans should respect and give him the time that he needs to finish the career on his own terms, adding that Federer was too smart to keep playing and losing in the second round and still say that he is happy with that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men