Becker calls Federer`s 2016 Rio Olympics target `far-fetched`
Washington: Former World No.1 Boris Becker has said that Roger Federer`s Rio Olympics 2016 target is far-fetched and that things in tennis are not scripted for him to wait for a perfect ending.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Becker expressed that next year would be important for Federer and it would be very hard in 12 months time not only to have not won a slam but also to go out in the second or third round of tournaments he has won six or seven times before.
The former German player thinks that Federer should not wait to a win a Grand Slam and then take retirement because it`s not scripted and an happy ending or a perfect ending is not guaranteed for anyone, the report said.
He added that fans should respect and give him the time that he needs to finish the career on his own terms, adding that Federer was too smart to keep playing and losing in the second round and still say that he is happy with that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city