Bellucci to challenge Seppi in Moscow final
Moscow: Brazilian No.1 Thomaz Bellucci beat big-serving Croatian veteran Ivo Karlovic and won through to face Italy`s Andreas Seppi in the final of the Kremlin Cup here.
Fourth seed Bellucci came back from a set down to take the semifinal to a decider before errors from Karlovic allowed him to complete a 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-4 win Saturday.
"I was really playing under pressure so for me it`s very special," Bellucci said of his first indoor semifinal win.
Earlier Saturday, Seppi ousted Tunisia`s Malek Jaziri with a dominant performance in a 6-3, 6-1 win.
"Tomorrow it will be a completely different match," Bellucci said.
"It`s going to be a lot of rallies. Seppi`s very good playing the baseline, so it will be very tough for me to beat him."
Bellucci, 24, is chasing his second title in four finals this season after winning in Gstaad in July. Victory in Moscow would be the fourth title of his ATP career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka