Berdych downs Tsonga in Shanghai
World No.6 Tomas Berdych beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to reach the semi-finals of the Shanghai Masters Friday.
Berdych won 6-3, 7-6(4) after dominating on serve in the first set, when he recorded the only break of the game, and winning a tie-break in the second after both players held serve.
The Czech awaits the winner of the quarterfinal clash between second seed Novak Djokovic and German veteran Tommy Haas.
The other semi-final will see either top seed Roger Federer or Croatia`s Marin Cilic face third seed Andy Murray or another Czech, Radek Stepanek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm