Berdych knocks out Youzhny in Stockholm Open
Stockholm: Second seed Tomas Berdych completed a straight-set win over Russia`s Mikhail Youzhny in the quarterfinal of the Stockholm Open tennis Saturday.
Sixth seed Youzhny, who preferred the Swedish tournament to his home event the Kremlin Cup, had 10 break points but managed to convert only one of them to suffer a 6-3, 7-6(2) defeat.
Berdych, who reaches his first Stockholm semifinal, will face third seed Nicolas Almagro of Spain.
The second semifinal will see top-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga play 2009 champion Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus.
The prize fund of the Stockholm Open is 480,000 euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued