Berdych knocks out Youzhny in Stockholm Open
Stockholm: Second seed Tomas Berdych completed a straight-set win over Russia`s Mikhail Youzhny in the quarterfinal of the Stockholm Open tennis Saturday.
Sixth seed Youzhny, who preferred the Swedish tournament to his home event the Kremlin Cup, had 10 break points but managed to convert only one of them to suffer a 6-3, 7-6(2) defeat.
Berdych, who reaches his first Stockholm semifinal, will face third seed Nicolas Almagro of Spain.
The second semifinal will see top-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga play 2009 champion Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus.
The prize fund of the Stockholm Open is 480,000 euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened