Berdych to skip Davis Cup tie
Prague: Tomas Berdych will miss holders the Czech Republic`s Davis Cup semifinal against Kazakhstan next weekend due to an injured shoulder.
"I felt a deep pain in my shoulder. It was clear that I wouldn`t be able to play next week in Kazakhstan," said Berdych, who was just ousted at the ATP Masters in Miami.
The World No.6 has suffered from the same problem on and off in the past.
The Czech Republic will be represented by Radek Stepanek, the World No.43, Lukas Rosol (No.64), Jan Hajek (98) and Ivo Minar (245).
Last November, Berdych and Stepanek led the Czech Republic to their first Davis Cup trophy since the country became independent in 1993, beating Spain 3-2 in Prague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'