Berdych to skip Davis Cup tie
Prague: Tomas Berdych will miss holders the Czech Republic`s Davis Cup semifinal against Kazakhstan next weekend due to an injured shoulder.
"I felt a deep pain in my shoulder. It was clear that I wouldn`t be able to play next week in Kazakhstan," said Berdych, who was just ousted at the ATP Masters in Miami.
The World No.6 has suffered from the same problem on and off in the past.
The Czech Republic will be represented by Radek Stepanek, the World No.43, Lukas Rosol (No.64), Jan Hajek (98) and Ivo Minar (245).
Last November, Berdych and Stepanek led the Czech Republic to their first Davis Cup trophy since the country became independent in 1993, beating Spain 3-2 in Prague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA