Berdych to skip Davis Cup tie
Prague: Tomas Berdych will miss holders the Czech Republic`s Davis Cup semifinal against Kazakhstan next weekend due to an injured shoulder.
"I felt a deep pain in my shoulder. It was clear that I wouldn`t be able to play next week in Kazakhstan," said Berdych, who was just ousted at the ATP Masters in Miami.
The World No.6 has suffered from the same problem on and off in the past.
The Czech Republic will be represented by Radek Stepanek, the World No.43, Lukas Rosol (No.64), Jan Hajek (98) and Ivo Minar (245).
Last November, Berdych and Stepanek led the Czech Republic to their first Davis Cup trophy since the country became independent in 1993, beating Spain 3-2 in Prague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?