Berdych wins ATP tournament in Rotterdam
The Hague: Tomas Berdych won the 41st edition of the ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam, an ATP World Tour 500 event.
The 28-year-old Czech, seeded number three, beat Croat Marin Cilic 6-4, 6-2 in the final Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Berdych had a difficult start to the match with Cilic creating three break opportunities in the opening game, but was not able to convert any of them.
After the slow start, Berdych did not give Cilic any chances. The hard-hitting world number seven only allowed Cilic six more points on his own service and ended the match with a love game.
"I am very happy to win this tournament," Berdych said.
"There are always strong competitors in Rotterdam. This year there were five players out of the top-10. Next year I will be back to defend my title."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'