Berdych wins ATP tournament in Rotterdam
The Hague: Tomas Berdych won the 41st edition of the ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam, an ATP World Tour 500 event.
The 28-year-old Czech, seeded number three, beat Croat Marin Cilic 6-4, 6-2 in the final Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Berdych had a difficult start to the match with Cilic creating three break opportunities in the opening game, but was not able to convert any of them.
After the slow start, Berdych did not give Cilic any chances. The hard-hitting world number seven only allowed Cilic six more points on his own service and ended the match with a love game.
"I am very happy to win this tournament," Berdych said.
"There are always strong competitors in Rotterdam. This year there were five players out of the top-10. Next year I will be back to defend my title."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145