Berlocq beats Simon in Mexican Open
Mexico City: Frenchman Gilles Simon crashed out of the Mexican Open tennis tournament, losing in the first round to Argentine Carlos Berlocq 6-7 (5), 3-6.
The world number 13, playing a man ranked 31 places below him, struggled with his serve during the two-and-a-half hour match Tuesday.
He won just nine of 25 second serve points while Berlocq was able to convert five of 11 break points to seal victory, Xinhua reported.
Berlocq, had just last week beaten Simon in the second round of Buenos Aires Open.
The 29-year-old Berlocq will meet Italian Potito Starace who eliminated his counterpart Alessandro Giannessi 6-2, 7-5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29