Bernard Tomic may lose license for driving too fast
Sydney: Bernard Tomic, Australia`s top-ranked tennis player, could lose his driver`s license for speeding on Tuesday in his Ferrari in the resort city of Gold Coast, media reports said.
The 20-year-old tennis star, who got off to a great start this year, has been busted before for traffic violations, especially speeding, the Gold Coast Bulletin reported on its web site.
Tomic was allegedly driving his Ferrari at 78 kph on a street with a 60 kph speed limit and could lose his license, the Gold Coast Bulletin said.
The tennis star faces a fine of AUD 220 (USD 230) and three points on his license.
Tomic will likely lose his license because he was issued a 12-month temporary permit last November subject to good behaviour after a series of traffic violations in Gold Coast, the Gold Coast Bulletin said.
Tomic was stopped twice for speeding on the same day in January 2012 and police had to chase him because he refused to stop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket