Bernard Tomic refuses to accept Tennis Australia peace offering
Australian tennis star Bernard Tomic has refused an offer from Tennis Australia (TA) to meet and resolve their long-running feud.
Melbourne: Australian tennis star Bernard Tomic has refused an offer from Tennis Australia (TA) to meet and resolve their long-running feud.
TA president Steve Healy reached out to Tomic on Tuesday hoping to make peace over their issues, and declaring the 22-year-old still had an important role to play in Australia's Davis Cup campaign, Xinhua reported on Friday.
But Tomic brushed away Healy's olive branch, saying the meeting would be a waste of time.
"Until I am satisfied TA is committed to funding the development of junior Australian talent, including my sister Sara, on a non-discriminatory basis, I do not believe there is any point in meeting," Tomic said.
Tomic, who slipped back four places in the world rankings this week to world No.29, said: "I am always ready, willing and able to play for Australia. It is my honour and privilege to do so."
Since Tomic's tirade at TA officials at Wimbledon earlier this month - when he took aim at several TA officials, including Healy, for showing him and his sister a lack of "respect" -- the two parties have been publicly at odds with each other.
Tomic said he would not reconsider his original comments, which led to the indefinite severing of ties with TA.