Bhupathi-Bopanna advance, Paes-Melzer out of Rome Masters
Rome: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna entered the quarter-finals of the Rome Masters but it was curtains for Leander Paes and his Austrian partner Jurgen Melzer, here.
Sixth seed Indian combo of Bhupathi and Bopanna scored a 6-2 6-3 win over unseeded British team of Dominic Inglot and Jonathan Marray in the second round of the euro 3,204,745 elite clay court tournament.
However, Paes and Melzer made an early exit after a close 6-7 (4) 6-7 (3) defeat against Mexico`s Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky.
Bhupathi and Bopanna, who rejoined forces after splitting, next face unseeded Czech pair of Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM