Bhupathi-Bopanna in final of Dubai Open
Dubai: Mahesh Bhuapthi and Rohan Bopanna, who need to improve their rankings to earn a direct entry into the London Olympics, stormed into the summit clash of the ATP Dubai Open with a straight set win, on Friday.
Fourth seeded Indian pair of Bhupathi and Bopanna edged past the giant killing Austrian pair of Julian Knowle and Alexanderin Peya 7-6 (2), 7-6 (7) in the semi-finals of the USD 1,700,475 hard court event.
Knowle and Peya had shocked top seeded pair of Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic in the quarter-finals.
Either Bopanna, ranked 11th or Bhupathi (15) need to be in top-10 in the ATP doubles ranking to have a direct entry in the Olympics competition.
A top-10 player has the liberty to choose his partner, irrespective of his ranking.
The unseeded pair of Leander Paes and Tipsarevic has already exited from the tournament after a 4-6, 5-7 defeat in the first round against second seeds Robert Lindstedt and Horia Teacu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP